Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two Professionals

Broadcast Architecture and Pinnacle Media are nice people to work with!

Normally, I apply my state-of-the-art music research tools to the analysis of research of my own design and to research that shares my preference for a semantic scale. We use phrases like "I don't like it", "It is one of my favorite songs" etc. Most music research for radio is done is this way.

But there are some companies that measure music preference with a "dial" device. In this approach, the respondent selects a value from 0 to 100 to indicate how much they like the song.

Two new clients have, within the past 3 weeks, needed me to work with "dial" tests. One test was conducted by Broadcast Architecture, the other by Pinnacle. I had not yet updated my new MusicVISTA software to deal with this methodology, so I spent about a week getting that done, and I was ready to rock.

The experience could not have been more pleasant. Bob Lawrence, the President of Pinnacle Media, guided me through the process of working with his data, and Elliott Wood, Senior Vice President at Broadcast Architecture, did the same.

To both, many thanks.

And perhaps best of all, I am now able to tap into yet another data gathering methodology, and help those stations pull every possible advantage from their investment in music research.

One more thing. Both companies include a very nice set of additional questions that go beyond the music opinions and increase the value you receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home