Sunday, September 02, 2007

Thank You! More to come...

Yesterday, September 1, Steve Casey Research began its 19th. year. No exact records exist, but we know that it is safe to say that we've provided some sort of help: programming consultation, music research system design, music test analysis, or ratings analysis, to more than 2,000 radio stations.

Only a small number of the people I've worked with will read this blog, but to you: "THANK YOU!" Words cannot express my gratitude for the support you've given me.

In the coming months, there is a lot more on the drawing board!

I'm expanding our focus on programming consultation. I've just started my work with the fine people at TV2 Radio, Denmark. And I hope to be announcing another project in the next few weeks.

I'll be seeing a lot of you at the NAB European Radio Conference in Barcelona, November 5. I'll be hosting a panel, with consultant Alan Burns and Heart, London head of programming Francis Currie. They will be showing us how they have designed successful AC stations that bring some new ideas to the format. Alan has created the Movin' format, and Heart continues to be the #1 station in one of the world's great radio cities.

You may be aware that the music research analysis I do is supported by a platform called MusicVISTA. What was important about that upgrade, completed just over a year ago, is that we were able to incorporate the very latest software development tools and standards. So, I've found it much easier than ever before to add new capabilities to the platform. When clients have ideas and requests, we are often able to take immediate action. You've noticed (I hope) the large number of changes in just this last year.

I've been blessed with some clients who are always looking for more, and have gathered a nice list of ideas, many of which will be developed in the next few months. I'm looking for more. Please don't be shy with your questions and ideas.

Finally, let me remind you that we are now going into the fall music testing season. A "mean scores only" test is not enough, and in fact can be very misleading. Don't do it!

You need to understand the proper focus for the station, whether you are drifting and in what way, and you need tools that show you how to balance and sequence the music. We have those tools. I hope you'll help make your upcoming year (and our 19th year) even more successful. Allow me to show you how to get everything possible from your efforts to understand your listeners' feelings about your music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home