Monday, September 11, 2006

Coupons?

Consultant Fred Jacob's blog has a recent post suggesting the value of something as simple as coupons for radio stations.

The idea is to simply mention in ads (or promos, I would think) that you can grab a coupon from the station Web site.

Value? Yes, if it is a decent coupon. People want to save money, and any trip to the grocery store will confirm that a lot of people use coupons.

I know that when the Borders book store chain was having customers print out coupons fom their Web site (now they print them on your receipt) I printed a lot of coupons.

I think Fred has a good idea. No doubt some broadcasters are already using them, but I can't remember ever hearing an on-air reference to Web site coupons, so I'm assuming that it isn't widespread. As Fred writes ", it's better than a remote or yet another bar night.".

What do you think? Ask your sales manager. What does she think?

The Jacobs blog is at http://jacobsmedia.typepad.com/jacobs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home